System testbeds fall into three categories:
- Closed-loop Prosthetic Limbs: (Dr. Blake Hannaford, Testbed Leader) are integrated solutions that enable proactive assistance for paralyzed or missing sensing and movement functions for those people whose disabilities require permanent accommodation. Sample applications include wearable and implantable systems to reanimate paralyzed limbs for those with spinal cord injuries and neural control of prosthetic limbs.
- Neuro-rehabilitation Systems: (Dr. Chet Moritz, Testbed Leader) are integrated solutions that monitor, prevent, predict, diagnose, and rehabilitate neurological disorders. Sample applications include home-based interactive on-line stroke therapy and wearable systems for movement training for individuals with cerebral palsy.
- Closed-loop Brain-controlled Interfaces: (Dr. Raj Rao, Testbed Leader) assist individuals with movement impairments and add extra levels of computing and device control for healthy individuals. Brain-controlled interface examples include assistive devices or other electronics controlled by neural signals and closed-loop systems where sensory information or motor intent is routed back into the nervous system via stimulation.
- About Us
- Student members
- News & Events
- Thrust 1: Communication & Interface
- Thrust 2: Reverse & Forward Engineering
- Thrust 3: Control & Adaptation