A webinar, co-hosted by the Coulter Foundation and the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering, titled "Mobile Medical Applications and Devices: Trends and Regulations in US & Globally" will be held at the CSNE.
Description: Mobile-Health is the field of using mobile devices to provide services and support for healthcare and public health. It's a fast growing field globally that targets doctors, patients, consumers, managers and IT groups among others. The trends for this field are showing a lot of investments and high revenues for the coming years. Several government agencies in US (FDA, FTC, FCC, ONC) and worldwide are preparing guidances and regulations to protect patient safety and privacy of health information. In addition there are
other standards development organizations who try to harmonize efforts globally to propose mHealth standards for new mobile health systems. The topic and the field of Mobile Health and mobile medical applications is multidisciplinary since multiple stakeholders are involved and have a lot of interests.
Why Should You Attend
Mobile medical applications and devices is a growing field globally. New rules and regulatory efforts are coming to ensure that the related medical devices will not pose high risks for patient safety and promote innovations. This webinar will provide past and expected regulations and discuss their effects on the use of mobile medical application for devices. We'll lucidate the current policies, predict coming regulations and discuss how Mobile Health (m-Health) industry will be affected. We will explore the current emerging m-Health landscape and technology trends in US and globally.
All groups who have responsibility or need to understand the new technologies and regulations of mobile medical applications and biomedical software (devices and smartphones) should attend.
Areas Covered In the Seminar
- Overview of Health IT and Mobile health industry
- Basic of mobile applications for health
- Medical devices related to mobile health
- Draft guidances in mobile medical apps(FDA 2011-2012)
- FDA Safety & Innovation Act, (ONC, FCC, FDA) and Mobile Health
- Patient and Consumer health information and security
- Coming FDA final guidelines and DHHS actions
- Mobile health standards
- Mobile Health globally (WHO, EU)
- Future of Mobile Health industry and workforce
Who should attend
- Health IT Managers - Analysts
- Research and Development
- Regulatory Affairs personnel
- Quality assurance/quality control personnel
- Auditors and inspectors
- Entrepreneurs * Investors