Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
The Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering Research Experience for Undergraduates program will be held during the summer of 2014 (June 17 - August 22). This 10-week program on the University of Washington's Seattle campus will provide undergraduate students with opportunities to work on research projects with researchers and to take part in workshop training sessions in ethics, communication skills, and scientific presentation skills designed to provide the undergraduate scientist with a solid foundation for graduate study.
Application forms for 2014 are now available and the deadline to receive all application materials is February 1, 2014.
REU Program Requirements
- Be a student at a college or university in the United States.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. (or its possessions).
- Devote 40 hours per week to the program.
- Not enroll in classes or hold other jobs during the day. Participants will be paid a stipend and will not receive academic credit for the research experience.
- Attend the weekly communication classes, lectures, seminars, focus groups, and workshops required by the program.
What participants will receive:
- Involvement in an interdisciplinary research project with a team where researchers are working together to solve a common science problem.
- Lectures on ethics, communication skills, laboratory safety, and other selected topics.
- An interactive poster session at the end of the summer, where undergraduate scholars present their results to the CSNE research community.
- A final research symposium, where undergraduate researchers give a 15-minute oral presentation and poster presentations describing their work and results to the CSNE community.
- A stipend of $5,000.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to a maximum of $750.
- Housing on the University of Washington campus will be provided at no cost.
If you have additional questions about the REU program, please contact Dr. Lise Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org), CSNE University Education Manager.
- About Us
- News & Events